The “Vignerons de la Moselle” have been united in a cooperative for many decades. Before the First World War, most of the production was sold as must to Germany through a customs union called the "Zollverein". At the end of this conflict, this agreement expired and trade with Germany suddenly ceased. In order to find new buyers and help the distressed winegrowers, the decision was taken to found a cooperative that would take care of wine production and marketing. The first one was created in 1921 in Grevenmacher. Five more followed over the years. In 1966 five out of the six gathered to form Vinsmoselle and later in 1989 the last cooperative, the cellars of Wormeldange, joined as well.